SUMMARY OF POSITION
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Sales and Marketing
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Dana Point, CA (Hybrid)
The Sales & Marketing Coordinator will contribute to a variety of sales, marketing, public relations, travel trade and social media for the Dana Point destination and brand on behalf of Visit Dana Point, the community’s official Destination Marketing Organization (DMO). The position works under the direction of the Director of Sales and Marketing of Visit Dana Point and in collaboration with the VDP marketing team to ensure that assigned projects meet their qualitative and quantitative deliverables. The Sales & Marketing Coordinator will be a key team member and part of a dynamic, forward-thinking culture, which encourages staff to be innovatively creative as Visit Dana Point grows the destination brand experience and market share.
- Supports the sales and marketing efforts of the organization.
- Manages social media Calendar, including creative, posting on Instagram and Facebook, as well as responding to the community with the brand voice in mind.
- Collect user generated content with CrowdRiff, and shoot new photos and/or videos for use on social media channels. This includes organizing and tagging new photos and articles as they are acquired.
- Organizes travel, appointments, and booth layout for conferences, trade shows and summits.
- Performs data entry and reporting in the customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Coordinates client site inspections, familiarization (FAM) tours, and offsite events.
- Works with leadership on the creative of collateral, trade show booths, pop-up banners, advertisements, presentations, etc.
- Foster and cultivate a climate of diversity, equity, and inclusion for Visit Dana Point with staff, partners, and vendors.
- Works with strategic partners (i.e., Public Relations, social media, Advertising, Website, etc.) to coordinate monthly reporting.
- Work with the team to create reports (board reports, annual updates, etc.).
- Records and organizes meetings notes with clients, vendors, and the board.
- Represent VDP in a positive, enthusiastic, and professional manner and maintain an appropriate public image while representing the Company.
- Performs office administrative duties, including scheduling, answering, and returning phone calls and emails, mailings, filing, ordering, organizing, deliveries, and other duties.
- Keeps inventory of office supplies, promotional materials, and client gifts.
- Attends community events on behalf of the organization.
- Follow procedures and policies in completing work and making decisions. Meet all compliance requirements.
- Additional duties and assignments as assigned.
Maintains a positive, upbeat attitude and role in the organization. Promotes and exemplifies VDP values; represents departmental objectives and interests to internal operations and external customers and relationships.
Commitment to Service
Follows up on telephone calls, e-mails, requests, complaints and challenges; responds quickly to internal and external needs. Develops and promotes teamwork and cooperation among fellow workers and managers/supervisors. Shows an appropriate sense of urgency in completing work and addressing the needs of the department.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 2 years support experience, preferably with a concentration in travel industry marketing and/or overall communications program management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, graphic design, or similar degree
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including writing memos and taking notes.
- Must be goal oriented and be able to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and cloud-based CRM databases, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator, Acrobat). Please not this is not a graphic design position, only helpful.
- General knowledge of Dana Point and the region including hotel properties, attractions and amenities is a plus.
- Valid CA driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
View Job Application on LinkedIn
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Visit Dana Point is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Visit Dana Point makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
ABOUT VISIT DANA POINT:
Visit Dana Point (VDP) is the official destination marketing organization for Dana Point, CA. A 501(c)(6) non-profit organization, its mission is to market and sell Dana Point’s brand experience as the preferred quintessential California coastal destination, leading to increased visitor spending and enhanced quality of life for residents. VDP programs include marketing, advertising, media relations, group and travel trade sales, publications, information services, and destination expertise.
VDP places an emphasis on teamwork; staff engagement and commitment; diversity, equity, and inclusion; professional development and accountability; community support; and sustainability. The small, but mighty, staff represents the best of Dana Point at a professional, high-quality, laid-back luxury level.